When your boat is being towed, the motor sticks out approximately 4-6 ft beyond the trailer and the caution lights. This makes it very difficult for the automobile following the boat being towed to gauge the actual stopping distance. The result is an accident waiting to happen; ruining your day on the water and possibly longer.
- Any Automobile following your towed boat
- Driving in high traffic conditions
- Stop and go areas
- Early morning or night time
- Rain or bad weather
- Protect your boat and other investments in parking lots and storage
- Help protect your family from accidents while beached or stowed
About the Prop Alert
The Prop Alert is made with a bright material with reflective strips that easily fits over the prop making the motor more noticeable. This helps the vehicles following the towed boat gauge the proper stopping distance and avoid hitting the motor. The reflective strips are visible at over 100 yards when headlights shine on the reflective material providing even more safety.
- Highlights the motor that sticks out 4-6ft beyond the trailer lights.
- Increases visibility at night, in rain, or bad weather.
- Can be seen up to 100 yards away.
- Helps avoid repairs, personal injury, and higher insurance rates.
- Protect your children from a sharp prop in the water. Cover your boat prop while it is parked in the water and not in operation. Don’t forget to remove it before turning the motor on.
- Conforms to current state laws.
- Can be used to carry your belongings when you take it off to get in the water.
- Available in three sizes
Prop Alert is New and Improved
The Prop Alert prop warning cover is made with a bright material with reflective strips that easily fits over the prop making the motor more noticeable. Prop Alert now features bright orange material with a reflective strip around the sides of the product. This allows for more visibility from the side and makes your motor more noticeable when it is parked to avoid people walking into the sharp prop. Plus, the new side strip adds more durability against a nicked prop.
Available in three sizes:
- XL 15 3/4″ (typically fits engines 200+ hp and larger)
- Large: 15 1/4″ diameter (typically fits motors 100-175 hp.)
- Small: 10″ diameter (typically fits engines up to 50 hp.)
- The patented design allows for quick and easy on/off application
- Patent Number: 9,359,053